Thursday, September 6, 2012

busy as a bee...

Hi Folks & Fellow Knitters :)

I've been so busy knitting away on some fun & special projects, that I've neglected my lil blog here. Boo me! Please pardon my laziness in writing away, but let me show you all the cool stuff I've been knitting!

First, and I must apologize here for not having a photo of this beautiful finished scarf, but I was soooo excited to send it as a gift to my sister-in-law Marybeth, that I completely forgot. Yikes! In any case, this was a small, yet thoughtful gift I knitted up from Berroco's #298 Blackstone Tweed™& Blackstone Tweed™ Chunky pattern book. It's the Payson scarf and it was so fast & easy to knit up! I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed in North Pole Heather and it came out so pretty...like winter petals! Check out my notes on this on my raverly site. I called it Shakespeare's Words :)

After one pattern repeat
© natandcallie

Blocking!
© natandcallie

My next new favorite & totally RAD knit is a free design by Nora Gaughan called Cloos. Here is my friend Olga modeling and it is my new favorite accessory! I used just the Berroco Vintage™ and not the DK weight on this since I wanted a heavier feel with less drape. Worked out great! Check it out here on my raverly... Se SoĆ»ler!!  

PS: I've gotten that never ending request from my sister to knit one up for her, so I'll be making Cloos Part II soon - as soon as she picks out a color :)

© natandcallie

© natandcallie

© natandcallie


And like everyone else, I too also jumped on the Aidez by Cirilia Rose bandwagon. Check it out here as I like to call it, Morrissey & Jonny used to play nice...
© natandcallie

© natandcallie

Miss Olga
© natandcallie

OK, so now that I was a complete Berroco whore & spokesperson ;), I want to just show you guys what I'm currently working on. I will go into further details as soon as I'm finished with this fun & awesome project, but you MUST check out Lorraine Hearn's new e-book with TONS of fun patterns which are all going to charity for a new school. This one is the Eco Knit Child/Adult Adaptable Horseshoe Jacket and I've decided to call mine Step n' Time! (Follow my progress on raverly here). How friggin' cute is this!???



© Lorraine Hearn



© Lorraine Hearn
© natandcallie
© natandcallie
© natandcallie

Till next time!
xoxo
nat

No comments:

Post a Comment