Tuesday, December 6, 2011

i see the lighthouse...


A dear friend of mine bought me this pattern as a ‘thank you’ and gave it to me on Turkey Day. It's from tiny owl knits and it's appropriately called 'ships & seaside'. I have to say, the actual cowl looks way more complicated than how it's actually knitted and plus, I ♥ the stripey pattern!
And since I couldn’t wait to get started and use beautiful, happy yarn, I’m using all this Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn that I got on a SUPER sale a while back (I mean like $1.50 a skein. Right?). So I busted it out and began knitting away that same night. So far, so good. I’ve never done a kitchener stitch, but I’m so not worried about it. That’s what YouTube is for ;)
Update Dec. 6 
Finished and it’s so super cute! Yeah, even with the Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn. Who knew. Kitchener stitch was pretty easy, especially once I got into the groove. I need to block it, but it’s been so cold in Los Angeles (first the winds, now our night time temp is at 32 degrees!), that I might wear it to work tomorrow. You know, to break it in ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment